404 for individual testimonial pages / Only the widget works

Front Support Plugins Support WP Customer Testimonials 404 for individual testimonial pages / Only the widget works

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Hendison 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Scott Hendison
    Participant

I bought this package to get the WP Testimonials plugin, and I’ve created three testimonials –

They they display just fine in the widget, however, I can’t see them any other way,…

1. When I try from inside the admin to “view” any of the three testimonials, I just get a 404 page not found, but they ARE published. (our permalinks are set to /%category%/%postname%/

2. Although I’ve read this – http://authorhreview.com/docs/display-testimonials/ I can get none of the shortcodes to work in the page body, and these are the codes I’ve tried below, along with trying variables naming the ID, and even making a category, then categorizing a review and trying that, but I’ve had no luck. .

[testimonials_simple]
    [testimonials_tooltip]
    [testimonials_bubble]
    Am I correct that these three (just as they are here w/o any other additions) should all work to show testimonials?

Any ideas?

Hesham
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

1- The testimonials has not public archive, but you should be able to preview each testimonial on its single page, you must use the full URL to it though.

2) I think there are missing fields, try to fill them all and see if this works.

P.S. In a coming update, I will change a few things and the plugin will -hopefully- be much easier to work with.

Scott Hendison
    Participant

re: #1 –
    I’m clicking on “view” in the edit screen, which does take me to what appears to be a valid URL – that is, until I arrive and get the 404.

However, you say there’s no public archive? But on this thread http://authorhreview.com/support/topic/rich-snippet-data-on-individual-testimonial-pages/ someone has asked about why theres no “Rich Snippet Data on Individual Testimonial pages” and you answered, so that leads me t obelieve that there ARE supposed to be individual testimonial pages.

Are there or aren’t there individual testimonial pages? (and if there are, they really should have the rich snippet data…

re #2 –
    I tested this, and yes, I had left out the website URL, link to their image, and email address. I replaced all three and the testimonials started appearing. Then I removed the link to the image and the URL and they still worked – Looks like only the email email address is required for things to work, thanks.

Scott Hendison
    Participant

Well?

re: #1 – You say there’s no public archive? But on this thread http://authorhreview.com/support/topic/rich-snippet-data-on-individual-testimonial-pages/ someone has asked about why theres no “Rich Snippet Data on Individual Testimonial pages” and you answered, so that leads me to believe that there ARE supposed to be individual testimonial pages.

The forum ‘WP Customer Testimonials’ is closed to new topics and replies.